DON’T READ ABOUT HISTORY, BRING THE KIDS AND HAVE A BLAST!
GET A BANG OUT OF HISTORY!
A FAMILY EVENT THAT WILL STIMULATE ALL OF YOUR SENSES FOR AN EXCITING, EDUCATIONAL, AND MEMORABLE EXPERIENCE!
THE WEEKEND EACH FEBRUARY AFTER PRESIDENT’S DAY.
SAT: 9 A.M. TO 10:00 P.M.
SUN: 9 A.M. TO 5:00 P.M.
SOME PEOPLE SPEND HALF A DAY AT THE BATTLEFIELD, BUT
MOST SPEND THE WHOLE DAY. MANY COME FOR THE WEEKEND.
5 AND UNDER: FREE.
6 TO 12: $5
13 TO 18: $10
THE BATTLE IS A NON-PROFIT 501C3 EVENT WITH NET
PROCEEDS FUNDING OUR EDUCATIONAL SCHOOL FIELD TRIP DAY AND OTHER HISTORICAL PROJECTS. WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
ALL ADMISSION TICKETS ARE PURCHASED AT THE GATE.
THERE ARE NO ADVANCE TICKETS AVAILABLE.
FREE. HANDICAP PARKING IS AVAILABLE.
A VARIETY OF DELICIOUS FOOD AND BEVERAGES WILL BE
AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE FOR BREAKFAST, LUNCH, AND
DINNER. INCLUDING OLD SOUTH BBQ AND SARSAPARILLA!
WHAT TO BRING:
FOLDING LAWN CHAIRS OR BLANKETS TO SIT ON.
COVERED WALKING SHOES, WARM CLOTHING, AND CAPS.
BATTLE OF AIKEN PARK, 1210 POWELL POND ROAD. JUST
OFF INTERSTATE 20 AT EXIT 18 (SC HYW 19). TAKE HWY 19
SOUTH TOWARDS AIKEN. TAKE A LEFT ON POWELL POND
ROAD AND FOLLOW THE SIGNS. THAT’S 45 MINUTES FROM
COLUMBIA; 20 MINUTES FROM AUGUSTA.
THE EVENT WILL BE HELD RAIN OR SHINE! IF LIGHTNING IS IN THE AREA, THE BATTLES WILL BE DELAYED AND THEN STARTED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
THOUSANDS OF SPECTATORS TRAVEL BACK IN TIME TO EXPERIENCE LIVING HISTORY!
HEAR THE CLASHING OF SWORDS, FEEL THE CANNONS THUNDER, SMELL THE MUSKET SMOKE, SEE THE CAVALRY CHARGE!
- The first, upfront (blanket row) is for ground seating only. All persons in this area must remain seated directly on the ground, so people to their rear can see over them. Bring blankets to sit on.
- The next row is the folding lawn chair area. Bring lawn chairs or tailgate chairs.
- Standing room is available behind the spectators in chairs.
GET UP CLOSE TO HISTORY!
ALMOST FEEL LIKE YOU’RE IN A REAL BATTLE!
- Audio and video recording for personal use is permitted. Tripods are permitted on the far left and the right in the spectator area. During the battle, no tripods may be set up in the ground seating “blanket” area.
- No one may cross the spectator line to take photos.
- This is a public event, and by your attendance, you agree that photographs that might include you and your family are subject to use by the event and their hosts.
- Photography and video for commercial use require written battle staff permission. Contact Battle of Aiken, PO Box 1863, Aiken SC 29802.
- No pets. Cannon blasts can stress pets.
- No Coolers.
- No bicycles.
- No open carry.
- No drones unless pre-approved by Battle Staff.
- No one is permitted past the spectator lines during Battles. Please monitor all children.
- Please restrain children from running at the park.
- Please follow CDC COVID-19 guidelines for outdoor events.
- No solicitation or selling of goods will be allowed unless pre-approved by Event Staff.
- No strollers, which can block viewing are permitted in the ground “Blanket” seated area during battles. Stationary strollers are permitted in the lawn chair area during battles.
- Umbrellas must be lowered during battles.